IBM WebSphere Application Server < 126.96.36.199 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 4996
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 23 appears to be running on the remote host. Such versions are reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Provided an attacker has valid credentials, it may be possible to hijack an authenticated session. (PK66676)
- It may be possible for a remote attacker to redirect users to arbitrary sites using ibm_security_logout servlet. (PK71126)
- Under certain conditions it may be possible to access administrative console user sessions. (PK74966)
- If APAR PK41002 has been applied, an unspecified vulnerability in JAX-RPC WS-Security component could incorrectly validate 'UsernameToken'. (PK75992)
- Sample applications shipped with IBM WebSphere Application Server are affected by cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. (PK76720)
- The adminitrative console is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability. (PK77505)
- It may be possible for an attacker to read arbitrary application-specific war files. (PK81387)
- A session highjacking vulnerability exists in the 'forced logout' feature. (PK74966)
SolutionApply Fix Pack 23 (188.8.131.52) or higher.