IBM WebSphere Application Server < 18.104.22.168 Multiple Flaws
High Nessus Plugin ID 36161
SynopsisThe remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 23 appears to be installed on the remote host. Such versions are reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Provided an attacker has valid credentials, it may be possible to hijack an authenticated session. (PK66676)
- It may be possible for a remote attacker to redirect users to arbitrary sites using ibm_security_logout servlet. (PK71126)
- Under certain conditions it may be possible to access administrative console user sessions. (PK74966)
- If APAR PK41002 has been applied, a vulnerability in the JAX-RPC WS-Security component could incorrectly validate 'UsernameToken'. (PK75992)
- Sample applications shipped with IBM WebSphere Application Server are affected by cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. (PK76720)
- The administrative console is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability. (PK77505)
- It may be possible for an attacker to read arbitrary application-specific war files. (PK81387)
SolutionIf using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 23 (22.214.171.124) or later.
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.