CUPS < 1.3.10 Multiple Overflows
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 4771
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to an integer overflow.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of CUPS installed on the remote host is earlier than 1.3.10. Such versions are affected by multiple integer overflow vulnerabilities :
- A potential integer overflow in the PNG image validation code in '_cupsImageReadPNG()'. (STR #2974)
- A heap-based integer overflow in '_cupsImageReadTIFF()'. (STR #3031)
- The web interface may be vulnerable to DNS rebinding attacks due to a failure to validate the HTTP Host header in incoming requests. (STR #3118)
- A heap-based buffer overflow in pdftops. (CVE-2009-0195)
- Flawed 'ip' structure initialization in the function 'ippReadIO()' could allow an attacker to crash the application.
SolutionUpgrade to version 1.3.10 or higher.