New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote printer service is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of CUPS installed on the remote host is earlier than 1.3.10. Such versions are affected by several issues :
- A potential integer overflow in the PNG image validation code in '_cupsImageReadPNG()' could allow an attacker to crash the affected service or possibly execute arbitrary code. (STR #2974)
- A heap-based integer overflow exists in '_cupsImageReadTIFF()' due to a failure to properly validate the image height of a specially crafted TIFF file, which can be leveraged to execute arbitrary code.
- The web interface may be vulnerable to DNS rebinding attacks due to a failure to validate the HTTP Host header in incoming requests. (STR #3118)
- A heap-based buffer overflow in pdftops allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a PDF file with crafted JBIG2 symbol dictionary segments.
- Flawed 'ip' structure initialization in the function 'ippReadIO()' could allow an anonymous remote attacker to crash the application via a malicious IPP request packet with two consecutives IPP_TAG_UNSUPPORTED tags.
SolutionUpgrade to CUPS version 1.3.10 or later.