New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis ntp update to version 4.2.8p10 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed (bsc#1030050) :
- CVE-2017-6464: Denial of Service via Malformed Config
- CVE-2017-6462: Buffer Overflow in DPTS Clock
- CVE-2017-6463: Authenticated DoS via Malicious Config Option
- CVE-2017-6458: Potential Overflows in ctl_put() functions
- CVE-2017-6451: Improper use of snprintf() in mx4200_send()
- CVE-2017-6460: Buffer Overflow in ntpq when fetching reslist
- CVE-2016-9042: 0rigin (zero origin) DoS.
- ntpq_stripquotes() returns incorrect Value
- ereallocarray()/eallocarray() underused
- Copious amounts of Unused Code
- Off-by-one in Oncore GPS Receiver
- Makefile does not enforce Security Flags Bugfixes :
- Remove spurious log messages (bsc#1014172).
- Fixing ppc and ppc64 linker issue (bsc#1031085).
- clang scan-build findings
- Support for openssl-1.1.0 without compatibility modes
- Bugfix 3072 breaks multicastclient
- forking async worker: interrupted pipe I/O
- (...) time_pps_create: Exec format error
- Incorrect Logic for Peer Event Limiting
- Change the process name of forked DNS worker
- Trap Configuration Fail
- Nothing happens if minsane
- allow -4/-6 on restrict line with mask
- out-of-bound pointers in ctl_putsys and decode_bitflags
- Move ntp-kod to /var/lib/ntp, because /var/db is not a standard directory and causes problems for transactional updates.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-ntp-13066=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-ntp-13066=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.