SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : dracut (SUSE-SU-2017:0951-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 99244
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for dracut fixes the following issues: Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2016-8637: When the early microcode loading was enabled during initrd creation, the initrd would be read-only available for all users, allowing local users to retrieve secrets stored in the initial ramdisk.
(bsc#1008340) Non security issues fixed :
- Remove zlib module as requirement. (bsc#1020063)
- Unlimit TaskMax for xfs_repair in emergency shell.
- Resolve symbolic links for -i and -k parameters.
- Enhance purge-kernels script to handle kgraft patches.
- Allow booting from degraded MD arrays with systemd.
- Allow booting on s390x with fips=1 on the kernel command line. (bnc#1021687)
- Start multipath services before local-fs-pre.target.
(bsc#1005410, bsc#1006118, bsc#1007925)
- Fix /sbin/installkernel to handle kernel packages built with 'make bin-rpmpkg'. (bsc#1008648)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-547=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-547=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-547=1
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-Magnum-Orchestration-7-2017-547=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.