SUSE SLES12 Security Update : samba (SUSE-SU-2017:0862-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 99089
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for samba fixes the following issues: Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-2619: Symlink race permits opening files outside share directory (bsc#1027147). Bugfixes :
- Don't package man pages for VFS modules that aren't built (bsc#993707).
- sync_req: make async_connect_send() 'reentrant';
- Document 'winbind: ignore domains' parameter;
- Prevent core, make sure response->extra_data.data is always cleared out; (bsc#993692).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-481=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-481=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-HA-12-2017-481=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.