openSUSE Security Update : xtrabackup (openSUSE-2017-382)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 99017
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to xtrabackup 2.3.7 fixes one security issue and bugs.
The following security issue was fixed :
- innobackupex and xtrabackup scripts were showing the password in the ps output when it was passed as a command line argument (boo#1026729)
The following functionality was added :
- new --remove-original option for removing the original encrypted and compressed files
- now supports -H, -h, -u and -p shortcuts for --hostname,
--datadir, --user and --password respectively
The following bugs were fixed :
- Pick up username from user's configuration file correctly
- Incremental backups did not include xtrabackup_binlog_info and xtrabackup_galera_info files
- --move-back option did not always restore out-of-datadir tablespaces to their original directories
- Incremental backup would fail with a path like ~/backup/inc_1
SolutionUpdate the affected xtrabackup packages.