SUSE SLED12 Security Update : compat-openssl098 (SUSE-SU-2017:0605-1)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 97550
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for compat-openssl098 fixes the following issues contained in the OpenSSL Security Advisory [26 Jan 2017] (bsc#1021641) Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2016-7056: A local ECSDA P-256 timing attack that might have allowed key recovery was fixed (bsc#1019334)
- CVE-2016-8610: A remote denial of service in SSL alert handling was fixed (bsc#1005878)
- degrade 3DES to MEDIUM in SSL2 (bsc#1001912)
- CVE-2016-2108: Added a missing commit for CVE-2016-2108, fixing the negative zero handling in the ASN.1 decoder (bsc#1004499) Bugs fixed :
- fix crash in openssl speed (bsc#1000677)
- don't attempt session resumption if no ticket is present and session ID length is zero (bsc#984663)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2017-319=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-319=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Legacy Software 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Legacy-12-2017-319=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-319=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2017-319=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.