SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for RHEV 3.X Hypervisor and Agents for RHEL-7 and RHEV 4.X RHEV-H and Agents for RHEL-7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
Security Fix(es) :
* Quick emulator (QEMU) built with the Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA emulator support is vulnerable to an out-of-bounds access issue. It could occur while copying VGA data via bitblt copy in backward mode. A privileged user inside a guest could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process resulting in DoS or potentially execute arbitrary code on the host with privileges of QEMU process on the host. (CVE-2017-2615)
* Quick emulator (QEMU) built with the Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator support is vulnerable to an out-of-bounds access issue. The issue could occur while copying VGA data in cirrus_bitblt_cputovideo. A privileged user inside guest could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process OR potentially execute arbitrary code on host with privileges of the QEMU process. (CVE-2017-2620)
* An out-of-bounds read-access flaw was found in the QEMU emulator built with IP checksum routines. The flaw could occur when computing a TCP/UDP packet's checksum, because a QEMU function used the packet's payload length without checking against the data buffer's size. A user inside a guest could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process (denial of service). (CVE-2016-2857)
Red Hat would like to thank Wjjzhang (Tencent.com Inc.) and Li Qiang (360.cn Inc.) for reporting CVE-2017-2615 and Ling Liu (Qihoo 360 Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-2857.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Prior to this update, after migrating a guest virtual machine on the little-endian variant of IBM Power Systems and resetting the guest, the guest boot process failed with a 'tcmalloc: large alloc' error message. This update fixes the bug, and the described problem no longer occurs. (BZ# 1420456)
* The qemu-kvm-rhev package depends on the usbredir and libcacard packages. However, on the little-endian variant of IBM Power Systems, smartcard use is not supported and usbredir and libcacard are thus only available in the Optional channel. As a consequence, qemu-kvm-rhev was previously not installable on these systems if the Optional channel was not available for the user. This update removes usbredir and libcacard as dependencies of qemu-kvm-rhev on little-endian IBM Power Systems, and qemu-kvm-rhev can now be installed as expected in the described scenario. (BZ#1420428)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.