openSUSE Security Update : open-vm-tools (openSUSE-2017-276)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 97285
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for open-vm-tools fixes the following issues :
- Updated to 10.1.0 stable release (boo#1011057)
+ vmware-namespace-cmd command line utility.
+ gtk3 support
+ Common Agent Framework (CAF)
+ guest authentication with xmlsec1
+ FreeBSD support
+ sub-command to push updated network information to the host on demand
+ udev rules for configuring SCSI timeouts in the guest
+ fixes for Ubuntu 16.10
+ Fix for quiesced snapshot failure leaving guest file system quiesced (boo#1006796)
+ Fix for CVE-2015-5191 (boo#1007600)
- Report SLES12-SAP guest OS as SLES12 (boo#1013496)
- Remove building KMP modules. No longer needed or wanted for current releases. User space tool vmhgfs-fuse has replaced the need for vmhgfs kernel module.
- Add udev rule to increase VMware virtual disk timeout values (boo#994598)
- Fix vmtoolsd init script to run vmtoolsd in background.
+ fix originally done in SLE-11-SP4 code base by [email protected]
- Added patches for GCC 6 build failure (boo#985110)
- Update to 10.0.7-gtk3 stable branch
+ add support for gtk3, needed by the dndcp and resolutionset plugins
+ remove files generated by autoreconf
+ a few minor build fixes
- Update fixes copy-n-paste and drag-n-drop regressions (boo#978424)
- Added new vmblock-fuse.service
- Update to 10.0.7 stable branch
+ Added namespace command line utility 'vmware-namespace-cmd'.
- Compile without gtkmm support for SLES12 based environments (which do not provide gtkmm2.4)
- Update to 10.0.5 stable branch
+ [vgauth] fix timestamp check
+ [libresolutionSet.so] Add an error handler to X11 resolutionSet
+ [vmci.ko] Kill tasklet when unloading vmci module
+ [libvmbackup.so] Quiesced snapshots Skip freezing autofs mounts.
+ [vmhgfs.ko] make vmhgfs compatible with Linux kernel 4.2
- This update also addresses a suspend with systemd issue (boo#913727)
SolutionUpdate the affected open-vm-tools packages.