openSUSE Security Update : irssi (openSUSE-2017-241)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 97114
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe IRC textmode client irssi was updated to version 1.0.1 to fix bugs and security issues.
irssi 1.0.1 :
- Fix Perl compilation in object dir
- Fix incorrect HELP SERVER example
- Correct memory leak in /OP and /VOICE
- Fix regression that broke second level completion
- Correct missing NULL termination in perl_parse boo#1023638
- Sync broken mail.pl script
- Prevent a memory leak during the processing of the SASL response boo#1023637
irssi 1.0.0 :
- irssiproxy can now forward all tags through a single port.
- The kill buffer now remembers consecutive kills. New bindings were added: yank_next_cutbuffer and append_next_kill.
- autolog_ignore_targets and activity_hide_targets learn a new syntax tag/* and * to ignore whole networks or everything.
- hilight got a -matchcase flag to hilight case sensitively.
- Display TLS connection information upon connect. You can disable this by setting tls_verbose_connect to FALSE
- Certificate pinning for TLS certificates
- /names and $[…] now uses utf8 string operations.
- New setting completion_nicks_match_case
- /channel /server /network now support modify subcommand.
- New option sasl_disconnect_on_failure to disconnect when SASL log-in failed.
SolutionUpdate the affected irssi packages.