SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : dbus-1 (SUSE-SU-2017:0292-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 96827
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for dbus-1 to version 1.8.22 fixes one security issue and bugs. The following security issue was fixed :
- bsc#1003898: Do not treat ActivationFailure message received from root-owned systemd name as a format string. The following upstream changes are included :
- Change the default configuration for the session bus to only allow EXTERNAL authentication (secure kernel-mediated credentials-passing), as was already done for the system bus.
- Fix a memory leak when GetConnectionCredentials() succeeds (fdo#91008)
- Ensure that dbus-monitor does not reply to messages intended for others (fdo#90952)
- Add locking to DBusCounter's reference count and notify function (fdo#89297)
- Ensure that DBusTransport's reference count is protected by the corresponding DBusConnection's lock (fdo#90312)
- Correctly release DBusServer mutex before early-return if we run out of memory while copying authentication mechanisms (fdo#90021)
- Correctly initialize all fields of DBusTypeReader (fdo#90021)
- Fix some missing \n in verbose (debug log) messages (fdo#90004)
- Clean up some memory leaks in test code (fdo#90021)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-153=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-153=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-153=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-153=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.