New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionThe MySQL project reports :
- CVE-2016-3492: Remote security vulnerability in 'Server: Optimizer' sub component.
- CVE-2016-5616, CVE-2016-6663: Race condition allows local users with certain permissions to gain privileges by leveraging use of my_copystat by REPAIR TABLE to repair a MyISAM table.
- CVE-2016-5617, CVE-2016-6664: mysqld_safe, when using file-based logging, allows local users with access to the mysql account to gain root privileges via a symlink attack on error logs and possibly other files.
- CVE-2016-5624: Remote security vulnerability in 'Server: DML' sub component.
- CVE-2016-5626: Remote security vulnerability in 'Server: GIS' sub component.
- CVE-2016-5629: Remote security vulnerability in 'Server: Federated' sub component.
- CVE-2016-8283: Remote security vulnerability in 'Server: Types' sub component.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.