FreeBSD : Irssi -- multiple vulnerabilities (3d6be69b-d365-11e6-a071-001e67f15f5a)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 96322
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionIrssi reports :
Five vulnerabilities have been located in Irssi
- A NULL pointer dereference in the nickcmp function found by Joseph Bisch. (CWE-690)
- Use after free when receiving invalid nick message (Issue #466, CWE-146)
- Out of bounds read in certain incomplete control codes found by Joseph Bisch. (CWE-126)
- Out of bounds read in certain incomplete character sequences found by Hanno Bock and independently by J. Bisch. (CWE-126)
- Out of bounds read when Printing the value '%['. Found by Hanno Bock. (CWE-126)
These issues may result in denial of service (remote crash).
SolutionUpdate the affected package.