SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : samba (SUSE-SU-2016:3272-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 96149
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for samba fixes the following issues: Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2016-2125: Don't send delegated credentials to all servers. (bsc#1014441).
- CVE-2016-2126: Denial of service due to a client triggered crash in the winbindd parent process.
- CVE-2016-2123: Heap-based Buffer Overflow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability. (bsc#1014437). The component affected is not built in our packages. Non security issues fixed :
- s3/client: obey 'disable netbios' smb.conf param, don't connect via NBT port; (bsc#1009085)
- Add doc changes for net ads --no-dns-updates switch;
- Include vfstest in samba-test; (bsc#1001203).
- s3/winbindd: using default domain with [email protected] format fails (bsc#997833).
- Fix illegal memory access after memory has been deleted (bsc#975299).
- Fix bug in tevent poll backend causing winbind to loop tightly (bsc#994500).
- Various fixes for spnego/ntlm (bsc#986675).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-HA-12-SP1-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2016-1917=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-1917=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.