SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for flash-player fixes the following issues :
- Security update to 220.127.116.11 (bsc#1015379) APSB16-39 :
- These updates resolve use-after-free vulnerabilities that could have lead to code execution (CVE-2016-7872, CVE-2016-7877, CVE-2016-7878, CVE-2016-7879, CVE-2016-7880, CVE-2016-7881, CVE-2016-7892).
- These updates resolve buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could have lead to code execution (CVE-2016-7867, CVE-2016-7868, CVE-2016-7869, CVE-2016-7870).
- These updates resolve memory corruption vulnerabilities that could have lead to code execution (CVE-2016-7871, CVE-2016-7873, CVE-2016-7874, CVE-2016-7875, CVE-2016-7876).
- These updates resolve a security bypass vulnerability (CVE-2016-7890).
- Keep standalone flashplayer at version 11, no newer version exists (INSECURE!).
- Update EULA to version 24.0.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2016-1816=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-1816=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.