New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 13.2 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2015-8962: Double free vulnerability in the sg_common_write function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash) by detaching a device during an SG_IO ioctl call (bnc#1010501).
- CVE-2015-8963: Race condition in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) by leveraging incorrect handling of an swevent data structure during a CPU unplug operation (bnc#1010502).
- CVE-2016-7042: The proc_keys_show function in security/keys/proc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.8.2, when the GNU Compiler Collection (gcc) stack protector is enabled, uses an incorrect buffer size for certain timeout data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (stack memory corruption and panic) by reading the /proc/keys file (bnc#1004517).
- CVE-2016-7910: Use-after-free vulnerability in the disk_seqf_stop function in block/genhd.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges by leveraging the execution of a certain stop operation even if the corresponding start operation had failed (bnc#1010716).
- CVE-2016-7911: Race condition in the get_task_ioprio function in block/ioprio.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via a crafted ioprio_get system call (bnc#1010711).
- CVE-2016-7913: The xc2028_set_config function in drivers/media/tuners/tuner-xc2028.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via vectors involving omission of the firmware name from a certain data structure (bnc#1010478).
- CVE-2016-7914: The assoc_array_insert_into_terminal_node function in lib/assoc_array.c in the Linux kernel did not check whether a slot is a leaf, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and out-of-bounds read) via an application that uses associative-array data structures, as demonstrated by the keyutils test suite (bnc#1010475).
- CVE-2016-7916: Race condition in the environ_read function in fs/proc/base.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by reading a /proc/*/environ file during a process-setup time interval in which environment-variable copying is incomplete (bnc#1010467).
- CVE-2016-8633: drivers/firewire/net.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.7, in certain unusual hardware configurations, allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via crafted fragmented packets (bnc#1008833).
- CVE-2016-8646: The hash_accept function in crypto/algif_hash.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (OOPS) by attempting to trigger use of in-kernel hash algorithms for a socket that has received zero bytes of data (bnc#1010150).
- CVE-2016-8655: A race condition in the af_packet packet_set_ring function could be used by local attackers to crash the kernel or gain privileges (bsc#1012754).
- CVE-2016-9555: The sctp_sf_ootb function in net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c in the Linux kernel lacks chunk-length checking for the first chunk, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds slab access) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted SCTP data (bnc#1011685).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- bna: Add synchronization for tx ring (bsc#993739).
- bonding: set carrier off for devices created through netlink (bsc#999577).
- btrfs: fix extent tree corruption due to relocation (bsc#990384).
- introduce NETIF_F_GSO_ENCAP_ALL helper mask (bsc#1001486).
- ipv6: send NEWLINK on RA managed/otherconf changes (bsc#934067).
- ipv6: send only one NEWLINK when RA causes changes (bsc#934067).
- tunnels: Remove encapsulation offloads on decap (bsc#1001486).
- usbhid: add ATEN CS962 to list of quirky devices (bsc#1007615).
- vmxnet3: Wake queue from reset work (bsc#999907).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.