New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for libarchive fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2016-8687: Buffer overflow when printing a filename (bsc#1005070).
- CVE-2016-8689: Heap overflow when reading corrupted 7Zip files (bsc#1005072).
- CVE-2016-8688: Use after free because of incorrect calculation in next_line (bsc#1005076).
- CVE-2016-5844: Integer overflow in the ISO parser in libarchive allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted ISO file (bsc#986566).
- CVE-2016-6250: Integer overflow in the ISO9660 writer in libarchive allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or execute arbitrary code via vectors related to verifying filename lengths when writing an ISO9660 archive, which trigger a buffer overflow (bsc#989980).
- CVE-2016-5418: The sandboxing code in libarchive mishandled hardlink archive entries of non-zero data size, which might allowed remote attackers to write to arbitrary files via a crafted archive file (bsc#998677).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected libarchive packages.