New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for virtualbox fixes the following issues :
- Fixes CVE-2016-5501,CVE-2016-5538,CVE-2016-5605,CVE-2016-5608, CVE-2016-5610,CVE-2016-5611,CVE-2016-5613 (bsc#1005621)
- Add patch to limit number of simultaneous make jobs.
- Version bump to 5.1.8 (released 2016-10-18 by Oracle) This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added: GUI: fixed keyboard shortcut handling regressions (Mac OS X hosts only; bugs #15937 and #15938) GUI: fixed keyboard handling regression for separate UI (Windows hosts only; bugs #15928) NAT: don't exceed the maximum number of 'search' suffixes. Patch from bug #15948. NAT: fixed parsing of port-forwarding rules with a name which contains a slash (bug #16002) NAT Network: when the host has only loopback nameserver that cannot be mapped to the guests (e.g. dnsmasq running on 127.0.1.1), make DHCP supply NAT Network DNS proxy as nameserver. Bridged Network: prevent flooding syslog with packet allocation error messages (bug #15569) Audio: now using Audio Queues on Mac OS X hosts Audio: fixed recording with the PulseAudio backend (5.1 regression) Audio: various bugfixes Snapshots: fixed regression in 5.1.4 for deleting snapshots with several disks (bug #15831) Snapshots: crash fix and better error reporting when snapshot deletion failed Storage: some fixes for the NVMe emulation with Windows guests API:
fixed initialization of SAS controllers (bug #15972) Build system: make it possible to build VBox on systems which default to Python 3 Windows Additions / VGA: if the guest's power management turns a virtual screen off, blank the corresponding VM window rather than hide the window Windows Additions: fixed a generic bug which could lead to freezing shared folders (bug #15662) Linux hosts / guests: fix for kernels with CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK set (bug #16020) Linux Additions: don't require all virtual consoles be in text mode. This should fix cases when the guest is booted with a graphical boot screen (bug #15683) Linux Additions: added depmod overrides for the vboxguest and vboxsf kernel modules to fix conflicts with modules shipped by certain Linux distributions X11 Additions:
disable 3D on the guest if the host does not provide enough capabilities (bug #15860)
- Builds keep running out of memory when building the web server part of the package. To help the memory pressure, I have forced make to run with '-j2', rather than use the number of processors. Such a change will slow the build, but will result in a higher rate of success.
- Increase memory allowed in build to 10000 MB.
- Remove file 'fix_removal_of_DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE' - fixed upstream.
- Version bump to 5.1.6 (released 2016-09-12 by Oracle) This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added: GUI: fixed issue with opening '.vbox' files and it's aliases GUI: keyboard grabbing fixes (bugs #15771 and #15745) GUI: fix for passing through Ctrl + mouse-click (Mac OS X hosts only; bug #15714) GUI: fixed automatic deletion of extension pack files (bugs #11352 and #14742) USB: fixed showing unknown device instead of the manufacturer or product description under certain circumstances (5.1.0 regression; bug #15764) XHCI: another fix for a hanging guest under certain conditions as result of the fix for bug #15747, this time for Windows 7 guests Serial: fixed high CPU usage with certain USB to serial converters on Linux hosts (bug #7796) Storage: fixed attaching stream optimized VMDK images (bug #14764) Storage: reject image variants which are unsupported by the backend (bug #7227) Storage: fixed loading saved states created with VirtualBox 5.0.10 and older when using a SCSI controller (bug #15865) Storage: fixed broken NVMe emulation if the host I/O cache setting is enabled Storage: fixed using multiple NVMe controllers if ICH9 is used NVMe: fixed a crash during reset which could happen under certain circumstances Audio: fixed microphone input (5.1.2 regression; bugs #14386 and #15802) Audio: fixed crashes under certain conditions (5.1.0 regression; bug #15887 and others) Audio: fixed recording with the ALSA backend (5.1 regression) Audio: fixed stream access mode with OSS backend (5.1 regression, thanks to Jung-uk Kim) E1000: do also return masked bits when reading the ICR register, this fixes booting from iPXE (5.1.2 regression; bug #15846) BIOS: fixed 4bpp scanline calculation (bug #15787) API: relax the check for the version attribute in OVF/OVA appliances (bug #15856) Windows hosts: fixed crashes when terminating the VM selector or other VBox COM clients (bug #15726 and others) Linux Installer: fixed path to the documentation in .rpm packages (5.1.0 regression) Linux Installer:
fixed the vboxdrv.sh script to prevent an SELinux complaint (bug #15816) Linux hosts: don't use 32-bit legacy capabilities Linux Additions: Linux 4.8 fix for the kernel display driver (bugs #15890 and #15896) Linux Additions: don't load the kernel modules provided by the Linux distribution but load the kernel modules from the official Guest Additions package instead (bug #15324) Linux Additions: fix dynamic resizing problems in recent Linux guests (bug #15875) User Manual: fixed error in the VBoxManage chapter for the getextradata enumerate example (bug #15862)
- Add file 'fix_removal_of_DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE' to compile on kernel 4.8.
SolutionUpdate the affected virtualbox packages.