openSUSE Security Update : ffmpeg (openSUSE-2016-1365)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 95377
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to ffmpeg 3.2 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-5199: Heap corruption in FFmpeg (boo#1009892)
FFmpeg was updated to version 3.2, incorporating the following upstream improvements :
- SDL2 output device and ffplay support
- SDL1 output device and SDL1 support removed
- New: libopenmpt demuxer, fifo muxer, True Audio (TTA) muxer
- New filters: weave, gblur, avgblur, sobel, prewitt, vaguedenoiser, yuvtestsrc, lut2, hysteresis, maskedclamp, crystalizer, acrusher, bitplanenoise, sidedata, asidedata
- Non-Local Means (nlmeans) denoising filter
- 16-bit support in curves filter and selectivecolor filter
- Added threads option per filter instance
- The 'curves' filter does not automatically insert points at x=0 and x=1 anymore
- Matroska muxer now writes CRC32 elements by default in all Level 1 elements
- New 'tee' protocol
- VP8 in Ogg muxing
- Floating point support in ALS decoder
- Extended mov edit list support
- Changed mapping of RTP MIME type G726 to codec g726le.
Also contains a collection of upstream bug fixes.
SolutionUpdate the affected ffmpeg packages.