SUSE SLES11 Security Update : sudo (SUSE-SU-2016:2891-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 95312
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for sudo fixes the following issues :
- Fix two security vulnerabilities that allowed users to bypass sudo's NOEXEC functionality :
- noexec bypass via system() and popen() [CVE-2016-7032, bsc#1007766]
- noexec bypass via wordexp() [CVE-2016-7076, bsc#1007501]
- The SSSD plugin would occasionally crash sudo with an 'internal error'. This issue has been fixed.
- The SSSD plugin would occasionally apply @netgroups rules from LDAP to all users rather than the @netgroup.
This issue is now fixed. [bsc#966755]
- When the SSSD plugin was used and a local user ran sudo, an e-mail used to be sent to administrator because SSSD did not support sudo rules for local users. This message did not signify an error, however, it was only noise.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-sudo-12852=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-sudo-12852=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.