SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : util-linux (SUSE-SU-2016:2764-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 94668
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for util-linux fixes a number of bugs and one minor security issue. The following minor vulnerability was fixed :
- CVE-2016-5011: Infinite loop DoS in libblkid while parsing DOS partition (bsc#988361) The following bugs were fixed :
- bsc#987176: When mounting a subfolder of a CIFS share, mount -a would show the mount as busy
- bsc#947494: mount -a would fail to recognize btrfs already mounted, address loop re-use in libmount
- bsc#966891: Conflict in meaning of losetup -L. This switch in SLE12 SP1 and SP2 continues to carry the meaning of --logical-blocksize instead of upstream
- bsc#994399: Package would trigger conflicts with sysvinit-tools
- bsc#983164: mount uid= and gid= would reject valid non UID/GID values
- bsc#978993: cfdisk would mangle some text output
- bsc#982331: libmount: ignore redundant slashes
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2016-1630=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-1630=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-1630=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-1630=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.