openSUSE Security Update : Mozilla Firefox (openSUSE-2016-2639)
High Nessus Plugin ID 94427
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to 49.0.2 to fix two security issues a some bugs.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2016-5287: Crash in nsTArray_base (bsc#1006475)
- CVE-2016-5288: Web content can read cache entries (bsc#1006476)
The following changes and fixes are included :
- Asynchronous rendering of the Flash plugins is now enabled by default
- Change D3D9 default fallback preference to prevent graphical artifacts
- Network issue prevents some users from seeing the Firefox UI on startup
- Web compatibility issue with file uploads
- Web compatibility issue with Array.prototype.values
- Diagnostic information on timing for tab switching
- Fix a Canvas filters graphics issue affecting HTML5 apps
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Firefox packages.