openSUSE Security Update : chromium (openSUSE-2016-1084)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 93554
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionChromium was updated to 53.0.2785.113 to fix a number of security issues and bugs.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2016-5170: Use after free in Blink
- CVE-2016-5171: Use after free in Blink
- CVE-2016-5172: Arbitrary Memory Read in v8
- CVE-2016-5173: Extension resource access
- CVE-2016-5174: Popup not correctly suppressed
- CVE-2016-5175: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
The following upstream fixes are included :
- SPDY crasher fixes
- Disable NV12 DXGI video on AMD
- Forward --password-store switch to os_crypt
- Tell the kernel to discard USB requests when they time out.
- disallow WKBackForwardListItem navigations for pushState pages
- arc: bluetooth: Fix advertised uuid
- fix conflicting PendingIntent for stop button and swipe away
The widevine plugin was re-enabled (boo#998328).
SolutionUpdate the affected chromium packages.