SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : samba (SUSE-SU-2016:2306-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 93508
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for samba provides the following fixes :
- CVE-2016-2119: Prevent client-side SMB2 signing downgrade. (bsc#986869)
- Fix possible ctdb crash when opening sockets with htons(IPPROTO_RAW). (bsc#969522)
- Honor smb.conf socket options in winbind. (bsc#975131)
- Fix ntlm-auth segmentation fault with squid.
- Implement new '--no-dns-updates' option in 'net ads' command. (bsc#991564)
- Fix population of ctdb sysconfig after source merge.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-1350=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-1350=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-HA-12-SP1-2016-1350=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-1350=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.