SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : mariadb (SUSE-SU-2016:2218-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 93368
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for mariadb fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-3477: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent parser [bsc#991616]
- CVE-2016-3521: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent types [bsc#991616]
- CVE-2016-3615: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent dml [bsc#991616]
- CVE-2016-5440: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent rbr [bsc#991616]
- mariadb failing test main.bootstrap [bsc#984858]
- left over 'openSUSE' comments in MariaDB on SLE12 GM and SP1 [bsc#985217]
- remove unnecessary conditionals from specfile
- add '--ignore-db-dir=lost+found' option to rc.mysql-multi in order not to misinterpret the lost+found directory as a database [bsc#986251]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2016-1308=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-1308=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-1308=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-1308=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.