openSUSE Security Update : MozillaFirefox / mozilla-nss (openSUSE-2016-960)
High Nessus Plugin ID 92853
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to 48.0 to fix security issues, bugs, and deliver various improvements.
The following major changes are included :
- Process separation (e10s) is enabled for some users
- Add-ons that have not been verified and signed by Mozilla will not load
- WebRTC enhancements
- The media parser has been redeveloped using the Rust programming language
- better Canvas performance with speedy Skia support
- Now requires NSS 3.24
The following security issues were fixed: (boo#991809)
- CVE-2016-2835/CVE-2016-2836: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- CVE-2016-2830: Favicon network connection can persist when page is closed
- CVE-2016-2838: Buffer overflow rendering SVG with bidirectional content
- CVE-2016-2839: Cairo rendering crash due to memory allocation issue with FFmpeg 0.10
- CVE-2016-5251: Location bar spoofing via data URLs with malformed/invalid mediatypes
- CVE-2016-5252: Stack underflow during 2D graphics rendering
- CVE-2016-0718: Out-of-bounds read during XML parsing in Expat library
- CVE-2016-5254: Use-after-free when using alt key and toplevel menus
- CVE-2016-5258: Use-after-free in DTLS during WebRTC session shutdown
- CVE-2016-5259: Use-after-free in service workers with nested sync events
- CVE-2016-5260: Form input type change from password to text can store plain text password in session restore file
- CVE-2016-5261: Integer overflow in WebSockets during data buffering
- CVE-2016-5262: Scripts on marquee tag can execute in sandboxed iframes
- CVE-2016-2837: Buffer overflow in ClearKey Content Decryption Module (CDM) during video playback
- CVE-2016-5263: Type confusion in display transformation
- CVE-2016-5264: Use-after-free when applying SVG effects
- CVE-2016-5265: Same-origin policy violation using local HTML file and saved shortcut file
- CVE-2016-5266: Information disclosure and local file manipulation through drag and drop
- CVE-2016-5268: Spoofing attack through text injection into internal error pages
- CVE-2016-5250: Information disclosure through Resource Timing API during page navigation
The following non-security changes are included :
- The AppData description and screenshots were updated.
- Fix Firefox crash on startup on i586 (boo#986541)
- The Selenium WebDriver may have caused Firefox to crash at startup
- fix build issues with gcc/binutils combination used in Leap 42.2 (boo#984637)
- Fix running on 48bit va aarch64 (boo#984126)
- fix XUL dialog button order under KDE session (boo#984403)
Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.24 as a dependency.
Changes in mozilla-nss :
- NSS softoken updated with latest NIST guidance
- NSS softoken updated to allow NSS to run in FIPS Level 1 (no password)
- Various added and deprecated functions
- Remove most code related to SSL v2, including the ability to actively send a SSLv2-compatible client hello.
- Protect against the Cachebleed attack.
- Disable support for DTLS compression.
- Improve support for TLS 1.3. This includes support for DTLS 1.3. (experimental)
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox / mozilla-nss packages.