openSUSE Security Update : mbedtls (openSUSE-2016-903)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 92625
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis mbedtls update to version 1.3.17 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- Fix missing padding length check in mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_pkcs1_v15_decrypt required by PKCS1 v2.2
- Fix a potential integer underflow to buffer overread in mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_oaep_decrypt. It is not triggerable remotely in SSL/TLS.
- Fix potential integer overflow to buffer overflow in mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_pkcs1_v15_encrypt and mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_oaep_encrypt
Bugs fixed :
- Fix bug in mbedtls_mpi_add_mpi() that caused wrong results when the three arguments where the same (in-place doubling). Found and fixed by Janos Follath.
- Fix issue in Makefile that prevented building using armar.
- Fix issue that caused a hang up when generating RSA keys of odd bitlength
- Fix bug in mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_pkcs1_v15_encrypt that made NULL pointer dereference possible.
- Fix issue that caused a crash if invalid curves were passed to mbedtls_ssl_conf_curves. #373
Further changes :
- On ARM platforms, when compiling with -O0 with GCC, Clang or armcc5, don't use the optimized assembly for bignum multiplication. This removes the need to pass
-fomit-frame-pointer to avoid a build error with -O0.
- Disabled SSLv3 in the default configuration.
- Fix non-compliance server extension handling. Extensions for SSLv3 are now ignored, as required by RFC6101.
SolutionUpdate the affected mbedtls packages.