New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update contains Mozilla Thunderbird 45.2. (boo#983549)
It fixes security issues mostly affecting the e-mail program when used in a browser context, such as viewing a web page or HTMl formatted e-mail.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2016-2818, CVE-2016-2815: Memory safety bugs (boo#983549, MFSA2016-49)
Contains the following security fixes from the 45.1 release:
- CVE-2016-2806, CVE-2016-2807: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (boo#977375, boo#977376, MFSA 2016-39)
Contains the following security fixes from the 45.0 release:
- CVE-2016-1952, CVE-2016-1953: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (MFSA 2016-16)
- CVE-2016-1954: Local file overwriting and potential privilege escalation through CSP reports (MFSA 2016-17)
- CVE-2016-1955: CSP reports fail to strip location information for embedded iframe pages (MFSA 2016-18)
- CVE-2016-1956: Linux video memory DOS with Intel drivers (MFSA 2016-19)
- CVE-2016-1957: Memory leak in libstagefright when deleting an array during MP4 processing (MFSA 2016-20)
- CVE-2016-1960: Use-after-free in HTML5 string parser (MFSA 2016-23)
- CVE-2016-1961: Use-after-free in SetBody (MFSA 2016-24)
- CVE-2016-1964: Use-after-free during XML transformations (MFSA 2016-27)
- CVE-2016-1974: Out-of-bounds read in HTML parser following a failed allocation (MFSA 2016-34)
The graphite font shaping library was disabled, addressing the following font vulnerabilities :
- MFSA 2016-37/CVE-2016-1977/CVE-2016-2790/CVE-2016-2791/ CVE-2016-2792/CVE-2016-2793/CVE-2016-2794/CVE-2016-2795/ CVE-2016-2796/CVE-2016-2797/CVE-2016-2798/CVE-2016-2799/ CVE-2016-2800/CVE-2016-2801/CVE-2016-2802
The following tracked packaging changes are included :
- fix build issues with gcc/binutils combination used in Leap 42.2 (boo#984637)
- gcc6 fixes (boo#986162)
- running on 48bit va aarch64 (boo#984126)
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Thunderbird packages.