SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update contains Mozilla Thunderbird 45.2. (boo#983549)
It fixes security issues mostly affecting the e-mail program when used in a browser context, such as viewing a web page or HTMl formatted e-mail.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2016-2818, CVE-2016-2815: Memory safety bugs (boo#983549, MFSA2016-49)
Contains the following security fixes from the 45.1 release:
- CVE-2016-2806, CVE-2016-2807: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (boo#977375, boo#977376, MFSA 2016-39)
Contains the following security fixes from the 45.0 release:
- CVE-2016-1952, CVE-2016-1953: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (MFSA 2016-16)
- CVE-2016-1954: Local file overwriting and potential privilege escalation through CSP reports (MFSA 2016-17)
- CVE-2016-1955: CSP reports fail to strip location information for embedded iframe pages (MFSA 2016-18)
- CVE-2016-1956: Linux video memory DOS with Intel drivers (MFSA 2016-19)
- CVE-2016-1957: Memory leak in libstagefright when deleting an array during MP4 processing (MFSA 2016-20)
- CVE-2016-1960: Use-after-free in HTML5 string parser (MFSA 2016-23)
- CVE-2016-1961: Use-after-free in SetBody (MFSA 2016-24)
- CVE-2016-1964: Use-after-free during XML transformations (MFSA 2016-27)
- CVE-2016-1974: Out-of-bounds read in HTML parser following a failed allocation (MFSA 2016-34)
The graphite font shaping library was disabled, addressing the following font vulnerabilities :
- MFSA 2016-37/CVE-2016-1977/CVE-2016-2790/CVE-2016-2791/ CVE-2016-2792/CVE-2016-2793/CVE-2016-2794/CVE-2016-2795/ CVE-2016-2796/CVE-2016-2797/CVE-2016-2798/CVE-2016-2799/ CVE-2016-2800/CVE-2016-2801/CVE-2016-2802
The following tracked packaging changes are included :
- fix build issues with gcc/binutils combination used in Leap 42.2 (boo#984637)
- gcc6 fixes (boo#986162)
- running on 48bit va aarch64 (boo#984126)
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Thunderbird packages.