openSUSE Security Update : gimp (openSUSE-2016-822)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 91942
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptiongimp was updated to version 2.8.16 to fix one security issue.
This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2016-4994: Use-after-free vulnerabilities in the channel and layer properties parsing process (bsc#986021).
This non-security issues were fixed :
- Core :
- Seek much less when writing XCF
- Don't seek past the end of the file when writing XCF
- Fix velocity parameter on .GIH brushes
- Fix brokenness while transforming certain sets of linked layers
- GUI :
- Always show image tabs in single window mode
- Fix switching of dock tabs by DND hovering
- Don't make the scroll area for tags too small
- Fixed a crash in the save dialog
- Fix issue where ruler updates made things very slow on Windows
- Fix several issues in the BMP plug-in
- Make Gfig work with the new brush size behavior again
- Fix font export in the PDF plug-in
- Support layer groups in OpenRaster files
- Fix loading of PSD files with layer groups
SolutionUpdate the affected gimp packages.