New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis mysql-community-server version update to 5.6.30 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- fixed CVEs (boo#962779, boo#959724): CVE-2016-0705, CVE-2016-0639, CVE-2015-3194, CVE-2016-0640, CVE-2016-2047, CVE-2016-0644, CVE-2016-0646, CVE-2016-0647, CVE-2016-0648, CVE-2016-0649, CVE-2016-0650, CVE-2016-0665, CVE-2016-0666, CVE-2016-0641, CVE-2016-0642, CVE-2016-0655, CVE-2016-0661, CVE-2016-0668, CVE-2016-0643
- changes http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6- 30.html http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6- 29.html
Bugs fixed :
- don't delete the log data when migration fails
- add 'log-error' and 'secure-file-priv' configuration options (added via configuration-tweaks.tar.bz2) [boo#963810]
- add '/etc/my.cnf.d/error_log.conf' that specifies 'log-error = /var/log/mysql/mysqld.log'. If no path is set, the error log is written to '/var/lib/mysql/$HOSTNAME.err', which is not picked up by logrotate.
- add '/etc/my.cnf.d/secure_file_priv.conf' which specifies that 'LOAD DATA', 'SELECT ... INTO' and 'LOAD FILE()' will only work with files in the directory specified by 'secure-file-priv' option (='/var/lib/mysql-files').
SolutionUpdate the affected mysql-community-server packages.