New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for ntp to 4.2.8p7 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-1547, bsc#977459: Validate crypto-NAKs, AKA:
- CVE-2016-1548, bsc#977461: Interleave-pivot
- CVE-2016-1549, bsc#977451: Sybil vulnerability:
ephemeral association attack.
- CVE-2016-1550, bsc#977464: Improve NTP security against buffer comparison timing attacks.
- CVE-2016-1551, bsc#977450: Refclock impersonation vulnerability
- CVE-2016-2516, bsc#977452: Duplicate IPs on unconfig directives will cause an assertion botch in ntpd.
- CVE-2016-2517, bsc#977455: remote configuration trustedkey/ requestkey/controlkey values are not properly validated.
- CVE-2016-2518, bsc#977457: Crafted addpeer with hmode > 7 causes array wraparound with MATCH_ASSOC.
- CVE-2016-2519, bsc#977458: ctl_getitem() return value not always checked.
- This update also improves the fixes for: CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705, CVE-2015-7974
Bugs fixed :
- Restrict the parser in the startup script to the first occurrance of 'keys' and 'controlkey' in ntp.conf (bsc#957226).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.