SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for ntp to 4.2.8p7 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-1547, bsc#977459: Validate crypto-NAKs, AKA:
- CVE-2016-1548, bsc#977461: Interleave-pivot
- CVE-2016-1549, bsc#977451: Sybil vulnerability:
ephemeral association attack.
- CVE-2016-1550, bsc#977464: Improve NTP security against buffer comparison timing attacks.
- CVE-2016-1551, bsc#977450: Refclock impersonation vulnerability
- CVE-2016-2516, bsc#977452: Duplicate IPs on unconfig directives will cause an assertion botch in ntpd.
- CVE-2016-2517, bsc#977455: remote configuration trustedkey/ requestkey/controlkey values are not properly validated.
- CVE-2016-2518, bsc#977457: Crafted addpeer with hmode > 7 causes array wraparound with MATCH_ASSOC.
- CVE-2016-2519, bsc#977458: ctl_getitem() return value not always checked.
- This update also improves the fixes for: CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705, CVE-2015-7974
Bugs fixed :
- Restrict the parser in the startup script to the first occurrance of 'keys' and 'controlkey' in ntp.conf (bsc#957226).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.