SUSE SLES11 Security Update : wireshark (SUSE-SU-2016:1345-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 91252
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update to Wireshark 1 12.11 fixes a number issues in protocol dissectors that could have allowed a remote attacker to crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-22)
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-23)
- The IAX2 dissector could go into an infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-24)
- Wireshark and TShark could exhaust the stack (wnpa-sec-2016-25)
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-26)
- The NCP dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-28)
- CVE-2016-2523: DNP dissector infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-03)
- CVE-2016-2530: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2531: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2532: LLRP dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-11)
- GSM A-bis OML dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-14)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-15)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-18)
Also containsfurther bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.12.11.html https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.12.10.html
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch sdksp4-wireshark-12565=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch slessp4-wireshark-12565=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-wireshark-12565=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.