SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : wireshark (SUSE-SU-2016:1344-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 91251
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update to Wireshark 1 12.11 fixes a number issues in protocol dissectors that could have allowed a remote attacker to crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-22)
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-23)
- The IAX2 dissector could go into an infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-24)
- Wireshark and TShark could exhaust the stack (wnpa-sec-2016-25)
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-26)
- The NCP dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-28)
- CVE-2016-2523: DNP dissector infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-03)
- CVE-2016-2530: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2531: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2532: LLRP dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-11)
- GSM A-bis OML dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-14)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-15)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-18)
Also containsfurther bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.12.11.html https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.12.10.html
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-788=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-788=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-788=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-788=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-788=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-788=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.