openSUSE Security Update : varnish (openSUSE-2016-588)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 91205
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis varnish update to version 3.0.7 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-8852: Vulnerable to HTTP Smuggling issues:
Double Content Length and bad EOL. (boo#976097)
Bugs fixed :
- Stop recognizing a single CR (\r) as a HTTP line separator.
- Improved error detection on master-child process communication, leading to faster recovery (child restart) if communication loses sync.
- Fix a corner-case where Content-Length was wrong for HTTP 1.0 clients, when using gzip and streaming.
- More robust handling of hop-by-hop headers.
- Avoid memory leak when adding bans.
SolutionUpdate the affected varnish packages.