SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for ntp to 4.2.8p7 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-1547, bsc#977459: Validate crypto-NAKs, AKA:
- CVE-2016-1548, bsc#977461: Interleave-pivot
- CVE-2016-1549, bsc#977451: Sybil vulnerability:
ephemeral association attack.
- CVE-2016-1550, bsc#977464: Improve NTP security against buffer comparison timing attacks.
- CVE-2016-1551, bsc#977450: Refclock impersonation vulnerability
- CVE-2016-2516, bsc#977452: Duplicate IPs on unconfig directives will cause an assertion botch in ntpd.
- CVE-2016-2517, bsc#977455: remote configuration trustedkey/ requestkey/controlkey values are not properly validated.
- CVE-2016-2518, bsc#977457: Crafted addpeer with hmode > 7 causes array wraparound with MATCH_ASSOC.
- CVE-2016-2519, bsc#977458: ctl_getitem() return value not always checked.
- This update also improves the fixes for: CVE-2015-7704, CVE-2015-7705, CVE-2015-7974
Bugs fixed :
- Restrict the parser in the startup script to the first occurrance of 'keys' and 'controlkey' in ntp.conf (bsc#957226).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch slessp4-ntp-12553=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-ntp-12553=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.