New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.4
SynopsisThe PHP application running on the remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the WordPress application running on the remote web server is prior to 4.5.2.
It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability, known as ImageTragick, exists in the ImageMagick library due to a failure to properly filter shell characters in filenames passed to delegate commands. A remote attacker can exploit this, via specially crafted images, to inject shell commands and execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the ImageMagick library in the 'ephemeral' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to delete arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-3715)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the ImageMagick library in the 'ms' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to move arbitrary files to arbitrary locations. (CVE-2016-3716)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the ImageMagick library in the 'label' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker, via a specially crafted image, to read arbitrary files.
- A server-side request forgery (SSRF) vulnerability exists due to an unspecified flaw related to request handling between a user and the server. A remote attacker can exploit this, via an MVG file with a specially crafted fill element, to bypass access restrictions and conduct host-based attacks.
- An unspecified flaw exists in Plupload that allows an attacker to perform a same-origin method execution.
- A reflected cross-site scripting vulnerability exists in MediaElement.js due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A context-dependent attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted request, to execute arbitrary script code in a user's browser session. (CVE-2016-4567)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to WordPress version 4.5.2 or later.