MS16-064: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3163207)
High Nessus Plugin ID 91013
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has a browser plugin installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is missing KB3163207. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple type confusion errors exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-1105, CVE-2016-4117)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-1097, CVE-2016-1106, CVE-2016-1107, CVE-2016-1108, CVE-2016-1109, CVE-2016-1110, CVE-2016-4108, CVE-2016-4110, CVE-2016-4121)
- A heap buffer overflow condition exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-1101)
- An unspecified buffer overflow exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-1103)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-1096, CVE-2016-1098, CVE-2016-1099, CVE-2016-1100, CVE-2016-1102, CVE-2016-1104, CVE-2016-4109, CVE-2016-4111, CVE-2016-4112, CVE-2016-4113, CVE-2016-4114, CVE-2016-4115, CVE-2016-4120, CVE-2016-4160, CVE-2016-4161, CVE-2016-4162, CVE-2016-4163)
- A flaw exists when loading dynamic-link libraries. An attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted .dll file, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4116)
Note: KB3163207 replaces KB3157993 which did not address CVE-2016-4117.
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows 2012, 8.1, RT 8.1, 2012 R2, and 10.