openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-2016-557)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 90909
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to wireshark 1.12.11 fixes a number issues in protocol dissectors that could have allowed a remote attacker to crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-22)
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-23)
- The IAX2 dissector could go into an infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-24)
- Wireshark and TShark could exhaust the stack (wnpa-sec-2016-25)
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-26)
- The NCP dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-28)
- Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.