New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.4
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has an application installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host has a version of ImageMagick installed that is prior to 7.0.1-1 or 6.x prior to 6.9.3-10. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability, known as ImageTragick, exists due to a failure to properly filter shell characters in filenames passed to delegate commands. A remote attacker can exploit this, via specially crafted images, to inject shell commands and execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-3714)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'ephemeral' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to delete arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-3715)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'ms' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to move arbitrary files to arbitrary locations. (CVE-2016-3716)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'label' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker, via a specially crafted image, to read arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-3717)
- A server-side request forgery (SSRF) vulnerability exists due to an unspecified flaw related to request handling between a user and the server. A remote attacker can exploit this, via an MVG file with a specially crafted fill element, to bypass access restrictions and conduct host-based attacks.
SolutionUpgrade to ImageMagick version 7.0.1-1 / 6.9.3-10 or later.
Note that you may need to manually uninstall the vulnerable version from the system.