ImageMagick < 7.0.1-1 / 6.x < 6.9.3-10 Multiple Vulnerabilities (ImageTragick)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 90892
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has an application installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host has a version of ImageMagick installed that is prior to 7.0.1-1 or 6.x prior to 6.9.3-10. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability, known as ImageTragick, exists due to a failure to properly filter shell characters in filenames passed to delegate commands. A remote attacker can exploit this, via specially crafted images, to inject shell commands and execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-3714)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'ephemeral' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to delete arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-3715)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'ms' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker to move arbitrary files to arbitrary locations. (CVE-2016-3716)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the 'label' pseudo protocol that allows an attacker, via a specially crafted image, to read arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-3717)
- A server-side request forgery (SSRF) vulnerability exists due to an unspecified flaw related to request handling between a user and the server. A remote attacker can exploit this, via an MVG file with a specially crafted fill element, to bypass access restrictions and conduct host-based attacks.
SolutionUpgrade to ImageMagick version 7.0.1-1 / 6.9.3-10 or later.
Note that you may need to manually uninstall the vulnerable version from the system.