New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionNetwork Time Foundation reports :
NTF's NTP Project has been notified of the following low- and medium-severity vulnerabilities that are fixed in ntp-4.2.8p7, released on Tuesday, 26 April 2016 :
- Bug 3020 / CVE-2016-1551: Refclock impersonation vulnerability, AKA:
refclock-peering. Reported by Matt Street and others of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 3012 / CVE-2016-1549: Sybil vulnerability : ephemeral association attack, AKA: ntp-sybil - MITIGATION ONLY. Reported by Matthew Van Gundy of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 3011 / CVE-2016-2516: Duplicate IPs on unconfig directives will cause an assertion botch. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3010 / CVE-2016-2517: Remote configuration trustedkey/requestkey values are not properly validated. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3009 / CVE-2016-2518: Crafted addpeer with hmode > 7 causes array wraparound with MATCH_ASSOC. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3008 / CVE-2016-2519: ctl_getitem() return value not always checked. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3007 / CVE-2016-1547: Validate crypto-NAKs, AKA: nak-dos.
Reported by Stephen Gray and Matthew Van Gundy of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 2978 / CVE-2016-1548: Interleave-pivot - MITIGATION ONLY.
Reported by Miroslav Lichvar of RedHat and separately by Jonathan Gardner of Cisco ASIG.
- Bug 2952 / CVE-2015-7704: KoD fix: peer associations were broken by the fix for NtpBug2901, AKA: Symmetric active/passive mode is broken.
Reported by Michael Tatarinov, NTP Project Developer Volunteer
- Bug 2945 / Bug 2901 / CVE-2015-8138: Zero Origin Timestamp Bypass, AKA: Additional KoD Checks. Reported by Jonathan Gardner of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 2879 / CVE-2016-1550: Improve NTP security against buffer comparison timing attacks, authdecrypt-timing, AKA:
authdecrypt-timing. Reported independently by Loganaden Velvindron, and Matthew Van Gundy and Stephen Gray of Cisco ASIG.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.