FreeBSD : ntp -- multiple vulnerabilities (b2487d9a-0c30-11e6-acd0-d050996490d0)
High Nessus Plugin ID 90742
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionNetwork Time Foundation reports :
NTF's NTP Project has been notified of the following low- and medium-severity vulnerabilities that are fixed in ntp-4.2.8p7, released on Tuesday, 26 April 2016 :
- Bug 3020 / CVE-2016-1551: Refclock impersonation vulnerability, AKA:
refclock-peering. Reported by Matt Street and others of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 3012 / CVE-2016-1549: Sybil vulnerability : ephemeral association attack, AKA: ntp-sybil - MITIGATION ONLY. Reported by Matthew Van Gundy of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 3011 / CVE-2016-2516: Duplicate IPs on unconfig directives will cause an assertion botch. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3010 / CVE-2016-2517: Remote configuration trustedkey/requestkey values are not properly validated. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3009 / CVE-2016-2518: Crafted addpeer with hmode > 7 causes array wraparound with MATCH_ASSOC. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3008 / CVE-2016-2519: ctl_getitem() return value not always checked. Reported by Yihan Lian of the Cloud Security Team, Qihoo 360
- Bug 3007 / CVE-2016-1547: Validate crypto-NAKs, AKA: nak-dos.
Reported by Stephen Gray and Matthew Van Gundy of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 2978 / CVE-2016-1548: Interleave-pivot - MITIGATION ONLY.
Reported by Miroslav Lichvar of RedHat and separately by Jonathan Gardner of Cisco ASIG.
- Bug 2952 / CVE-2015-7704: KoD fix: peer associations were broken by the fix for NtpBug2901, AKA: Symmetric active/passive mode is broken.
Reported by Michael Tatarinov, NTP Project Developer Volunteer
- Bug 2945 / Bug 2901 / CVE-2015-8138: Zero Origin Timestamp Bypass, AKA: Additional KoD Checks. Reported by Jonathan Gardner of Cisco ASIG
- Bug 2879 / CVE-2016-1550: Improve NTP security against buffer comparison timing attacks, authdecrypt-timing, AKA:
authdecrypt-timing. Reported independently by Loganaden Velvindron, and Matthew Van Gundy and Stephen Gray of Cisco ASIG.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.