New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote device is missing a vendor-supplied security patch.
DescriptionThe remote Cisco IOS XE device is missing a vendor-supplied security patch and has an IOS service configured to use TLS or SSL. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities in the bundled OpenSSL library :
- A use-after-free condition exists in the d2i_ECPrivateKey() function due to improper processing of malformed EC private key files during import. A remote attacker can exploit this to dereference or free already freed memory, resulting in a denial of service or other unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-0209)
- An invalid read error exists in the ASN1_TYPE_cmp() function due to improperly performed boolean-type comparisons. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted X.509 certificate to an endpoint that uses the certificate-verification feature, to cause an invalid read operation, resulting in a denial of service.
- A flaw exists in the ASN1_item_ex_d2i() function due to a failure to reinitialize 'CHOICE' and 'ADB' data structures when reusing a structure in ASN.1 parsing.
This allows a remote attacker to cause an invalid write operation and memory corruption, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0287)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the X509_to_X509_REQ() function due to improper processing of certificate keys. This allows a remote attacker, via a crafted X.509 certificate, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0288)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the PKCS#7 parsing code due to incorrect handling of missing outer ContentInfo. This allows a remote attacker, using an application that processes arbitrary PKCS#7 data and providing malformed data with ASN.1 encoding, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0289)
- An integer underflow condition exists in the EVP_DecodeUpdate() function due to improper validation of base64 encoded input when decoding. This allows a remote attacker, using maliciously crafted base64 data, to cause a segmentation fault or memory corruption, resulting in a denial of service or possibly the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-0292)
- A flaw exists in servers that both support SSLv2 and enable export cipher suites due to improper implementation of SSLv2. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted CLIENT-MASTER-KEY message, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0293)
SolutionUpgrade to the relevant fixed version referenced in Cisco bug ID CSCut46130.