New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote AIX host has a version of OpenSSL installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of OpenSSL installed on the remote AIX host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A key disclosure vulnerability exists due to improper handling of cache-bank conflicts on the Intel Sandy-bridge microarchitecture. An attacker can exploit this to gain access to RSA key information.
- A double-free error exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input when parsing malformed DSA private keys. A remote attacker can exploit this to corrupt memory, resulting in a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0705)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the BN_hex2bn() and BN_dec2bn() functions. A remote attacker can exploit this to trigger a heap corruption, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0797)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper handling of invalid usernames. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted username, to leak 300 bytes of memory per connection, exhausting available memory resources. (CVE-2016-0798)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0799)
- A flaw exists that allows a cross-protocol Bleichenbacher padding oracle attack known as DROWN (Decrypting RSA with Obsolete and Weakened eNcryption).
This vulnerability exists due to a flaw in the Secure Sockets Layer Version 2 (SSLv2) implementation, and it allows captured TLS traffic to be decrypted. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this to decrypt the TLS connection by utilizing previously captured traffic and weak cryptography along with a series of specially crafted connections to an SSLv2 server that uses the same private key. (CVE-2016-0800)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper verification of memory allocation by the doapr_outch() function in file crypto/bio/b_print.c. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted string, to write data out-of-bounds or exhaust memory resources or possibly have other unspecified impact. (CVE-2016-2842)
SolutionA fix is available and can be downloaded from the IBM AIX website.