SUSE SLES11 Security Update : samba (SUSE-SU-2016:0905-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 90262
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for samba fixes the following issues :
Security issue fixed :
- CVE-2015-7560: Getting and setting Windows ACLs on symlinks can change permissions on link target;
Bugs fixed :
- Fix leaking memory in libsmbclient: Add missing talloc stackframe; (bso#11177); (bsc#967017).
- Ensure samlogon fallback requests are rerouted after kerberos failure; (bsc#953382).
- Ensure attempt to ssh into locked account triggers 'Your account is disabled.....' to the console; (bsc#953382).
- Make the winbind package depend on the matching libwbclient version and vice versa; (bsc#936909).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP2-LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp2-samba-12477=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP2 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp2-samba-12477=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.