SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionxen was updated to fix 26 security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2013-4533: Buffer overflow in the pxa2xx_ssp_load function in hw/arm/pxa2xx.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted s->rx_level value in a savevm image (bsc#864655).
- CVE-2013-4537: The ssi_sd_transfer function in hw/sd/ssi-sd.c allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted arglen value in a savevm image (bsc#864391).
- CVE-2013-4538: Multiple buffer overflows in the ssd0323_load function in hw/display/ssd0323.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via crafted (1) cmd_len, (2) row, or (3) col values; (4) row_start and row_end values; or (5) col_star and col_end values in a savevm image (bsc#864769).
- CVE-2013-4539: Multiple buffer overflows in the tsc210x_load function in hw/input/tsc210x.c might have allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted (1) precision, (2) nextprecision, (3) function, or (4) nextfunction value in a savevm image (bsc#864805).
- CVE-2014-0222: Integer overflow in the qcow_open function in block/qcow.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a large L2 table in a QCOW version 1 image (bsc#877642).
- CVE-2014-3689: The vmware-vga driver (hw/display/vmware_vga.c) allowed local guest users to write to qemu memory locations and gain privileges via unspecified parameters related to rectangle handling (bsc#901508).
- CVE-2014-7815: The set_pixel_format function in ui/vnc.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a small bytes_per_pixel value (bsc#902737).
- CVE-2014-9718: The (1) BMDMA and (2) AHCI HBA interfaces in the IDE functionality had multiple interpretations of a function's return value, which allowed guest OS users to cause a host OS denial of service (memory consumption or infinite loop, and system crash) via a PRDT with zero complete sectors, related to the bmdma_prepare_buf and ahci_dma_prepare_buf functions (bsc#928393).
- CVE-2015-1779: The VNC websocket frame decoder allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory and CPU consumption) via a large (1) websocket payload or (2) HTTP headers section (bsc#924018).
- CVE-2015-5278: Infinite loop in ne2000_receive() function (bsc#945989).
- CVE-2015-6855: hw/ide/core.c did not properly restrict the commands accepted by an ATAPI device, which allowed guest users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via certain IDE commands, as demonstrated by a WIN_READ_NATIVE_MAX command to an empty drive, which triggers a divide-by-zero error and instance crash (bsc#945404).
- CVE-2015-7512: Buffer overflow in the pcnet_receive function in hw/net/pcnet.c, when a guest NIC has a larger MTU, allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (guest OS crash) or execute arbitrary code via a large packet (bsc#957162).
- CVE-2015-8345: eepro100: infinite loop in processing command block list (bsc#956829).
- CVE-2015-8613: SCSI: stack based buffer overflow in megasas_ctrl_get_info (bsc#961358).
- CVE-2015-8619: Stack based OOB write in hmp_sendkey routine (bsc#960334).
- CVE-2015-8743: ne2000: OOB memory access in ioport r/w functions (bsc#960725).
- CVE-2015-8744: vmxnet3: Incorrect l2 header validation lead to a crash via assert(2) call (bsc#960835).
- CVE-2015-8745: Reading IMR registers lead to a crash via assert(2) call (bsc#960707).
- CVE-2016-1568: AHCI use-after-free vulnerability in aio port commands (bsc#961332).
- CVE-2016-1570: The PV superpage functionality in arch/x86/mm.c allowed local PV guests to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service, gain privileges, or have unspecified other impact via a crafted page identifier (MFN) to the (1) MMUEXT_MARK_SUPER or (2) MMUEXT_UNMARK_SUPER sub-op in the HYPERVISOR_mmuext_op hypercall or (3) unknown vectors related to page table updates (bsc#960861).
- CVE-2016-1714: nvram: OOB r/w access in processing firmware configurations (bsc#961691).
- CVE-2016-1981: e1000 infinite loop in start_xmit and e1000_receive_iov routines (bsc#963782).
- CVE-2016-2198: EHCI NULL pointer dereference in ehci_caps_write (bsc#964413).
- CVE-2016-2391: usb: multiple eof_timers in ohci module lead to NULL pointer dereference (bsc#967013).
- CVE-2016-2392: NULL pointer dereference in remote NDIS control message handling (bsc#967012).
- CVE-2016-2538: Integer overflow in remote NDIS control message handling (bsc#967969).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- bsc#954872: script block-dmmd not working as expected
- bsc#957698: DOM0 can't bring up on Dell PC
- bsc#963923: domain weights not honored when sched-credit tslice is reduced
- bsc#959332: SLES12SP1 PV guest is unreachable when restored or migrated
- bsc#959695: Missing docs for xen
SolutionUpdate the affected xen packages.