New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it is different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionxen was updated to fix 26 security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2013-4533: Buffer overflow in the pxa2xx_ssp_load function in hw/arm/pxa2xx.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted s->rx_level value in a savevm image (bsc#864655).
- CVE-2013-4537: The ssi_sd_transfer function in hw/sd/ssi-sd.c allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted arglen value in a savevm image (bsc#864391).
- CVE-2013-4538: Multiple buffer overflows in the ssd0323_load function in hw/display/ssd0323.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via crafted (1) cmd_len, (2) row, or (3) col values; (4) row_start and row_end values; or (5) col_star and col_end values in a savevm image (bsc#864769).
- CVE-2013-4539: Multiple buffer overflows in the tsc210x_load function in hw/input/tsc210x.c might have allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted (1) precision, (2) nextprecision, (3) function, or (4) nextfunction value in a savevm image (bsc#864805).
- CVE-2014-0222: Integer overflow in the qcow_open function in block/qcow.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a large L2 table in a QCOW version 1 image (bsc#877642).
- CVE-2014-3689: The vmware-vga driver (hw/display/vmware_vga.c) allowed local guest users to write to qemu memory locations and gain privileges via unspecified parameters related to rectangle handling (bsc#901508).
- CVE-2014-7815: The set_pixel_format function in ui/vnc.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a small bytes_per_pixel value (bsc#902737).
- CVE-2014-9718: The (1) BMDMA and (2) AHCI HBA interfaces in the IDE functionality had multiple interpretations of a function's return value, which allowed guest OS users to cause a host OS denial of service (memory consumption or infinite loop, and system crash) via a PRDT with zero complete sectors, related to the bmdma_prepare_buf and ahci_dma_prepare_buf functions (bsc#928393).
- CVE-2015-1779: The VNC websocket frame decoder allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory and CPU consumption) via a large (1) websocket payload or (2) HTTP headers section (bsc#924018).
- CVE-2015-5278: Infinite loop in ne2000_receive() function (bsc#945989).
- CVE-2015-6855: hw/ide/core.c did not properly restrict the commands accepted by an ATAPI device, which allowed guest users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via certain IDE commands, as demonstrated by a WIN_READ_NATIVE_MAX command to an empty drive, which triggers a divide-by-zero error and instance crash (bsc#945404).
- CVE-2015-7512: Buffer overflow in the pcnet_receive function in hw/net/pcnet.c, when a guest NIC has a larger MTU, allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (guest OS crash) or execute arbitrary code via a large packet (bsc#957162).
- CVE-2015-8345: eepro100: infinite loop in processing command block list (bsc#956829).
- CVE-2015-8613: SCSI: stack based buffer overflow in megasas_ctrl_get_info (bsc#961358).
- CVE-2015-8619: Stack based OOB write in hmp_sendkey routine (bsc#960334).
- CVE-2015-8743: ne2000: OOB memory access in ioport r/w functions (bsc#960725).
- CVE-2015-8744: vmxnet3: Incorrect l2 header validation lead to a crash via assert(2) call (bsc#960835).
- CVE-2015-8745: Reading IMR registers lead to a crash via assert(2) call (bsc#960707).
- CVE-2016-1568: AHCI use-after-free vulnerability in aio port commands (bsc#961332).
- CVE-2016-1570: The PV superpage functionality in arch/x86/mm.c allowed local PV guests to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service, gain privileges, or have unspecified other impact via a crafted page identifier (MFN) to the (1) MMUEXT_MARK_SUPER or (2) MMUEXT_UNMARK_SUPER sub-op in the HYPERVISOR_mmuext_op hypercall or (3) unknown vectors related to page table updates (bsc#960861).
- CVE-2016-1714: nvram: OOB r/w access in processing firmware configurations (bsc#961691).
- CVE-2016-1981: e1000 infinite loop in start_xmit and e1000_receive_iov routines (bsc#963782).
- CVE-2016-2198: EHCI NULL pointer dereference in ehci_caps_write (bsc#964413).
- CVE-2016-2391: usb: multiple eof_timers in ohci module lead to NULL pointer dereference (bsc#967013).
- CVE-2016-2392: NULL pointer dereference in remote NDIS control message handling (bsc#967012).
- CVE-2016-2538: Integer overflow in remote NDIS control message handling (bsc#967969).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- bsc#954872: script block-dmmd not working as expected
- bsc#957698: DOM0 can't bring up on Dell PC
- bsc#963923: domain weights not honored when sched-credit tslice is reduced
- bsc#959332: SLES12SP1 PV guest is unreachable when restored or migrated
- bsc#959695: Missing docs for xen
SolutionUpdate the affected xen packages.