New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozillaThunderbird was updated to 38.7.0 to fix the following issues :
- Update to Thunderbird 38.7.0 (boo#969894)
- MFSA 2015-81/CVE-2015-4477 (bmo#1179484) Use-after-free in MediaStream playback
- MFSA 2015-136/CVE-2015-7207 (bmo#1185256) Same-origin policy violation using performance.getEntries and history navigation
- MFSA 2016-16/CVE-2016-1952 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2016-17/CVE-2016-1954 (bmo#1243178) Local file overwriting and potential privilege escalation through CSP reports
- MFSA 2016-20/CVE-2016-1957 (bmo#1227052) Memory leak in libstagefright when deleting an array during MP4 processing
- MFSA 2016-21/CVE-2016-1958 (bmo#1228754) Displayed page address can be overridden
- MFSA 2016-23/CVE-2016-1960/ZDI-CAN-3545 (bmo#1246014) Use-after-free in HTML5 string parser
- MFSA 2016-24/CVE-2016-1961/ZDI-CAN-3574 (bmo#1249377) Use-after-free in SetBody
- MFSA 2016-25/CVE-2016-1962 (bmo#1240760) Use-after-free when using multiple WebRTC data channels
- MFSA 2016-27/CVE-2016-1964 (bmo#1243335) Use-after-free during XML transformations
- MFSA 2016-28/CVE-2016-1965 (bmo#1245264) Addressbar spoofing though history navigation and Location protocol property
- MFSA 2016-31/CVE-2016-1966 (bmo#1246054) Memory corruption with malicious NPAPI plugin
- MFSA 2016-34/CVE-2016-1974 (bmo#1228103) Out-of-bounds read in HTML parser following a failed allocation
- MFSA 2016-37/CVE-2016-1977/CVE-2016-2790/CVE-2016-2791/ CVE-2016-2792/CVE-2016-2793/CVE-2016-2794/CVE-2016-2795/ CVE-2016-2796/CVE-2016-2797/CVE-2016-2798/CVE-2016-2799/ CVE-2016-2800/CVE-2016-2801/CVE-2016-2802 Font vulnerabilities in the Graphite 2 library
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.