New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to the web server's banner, the version of HP System Management Homepage (SMH) hosted on the remote web server is a version prior to 7.5.4. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A denial of service vulnerability exists when processing an ECParameters structure due to an infinite loop that occurs when a specified curve is over a malformed binary polynomial field. A remote attacker can exploit this to perform a denial of service against any system that processes public keys, certificate requests, or certificates. This includes TLS clients and TLS servers with client authentication enabled. (CVE-2015-1788)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper validation of the content and length of the ASN1_TIME string by the X509_cmp_time() function. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a malformed certificate and CRLs of various sizes, to cause a segmentation fault, resulting in a denial of service condition. TLS clients that verify CRLs are affected. TLS clients and servers with client authentication enabled may be affected if they use custom verification callbacks.
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the PKCS#7 parsing code due to incorrect handling of missing inner 'EncryptedContent'. This allows a remote attacker, via specially crafted ASN.1-encoded PKCS#7 blobs with missing content, to cause a denial of service condition or other potential unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-1790)
- A double-free error exists due to a race condition that occurs when a NewSessionTicket is received by a multi-threaded client when attempting to reuse a previous ticket. (CVE-2015-1791)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the CMS code due to an infinite loop that occurs when verifying a signedData message. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2015-1792)
- A certificate validation bypass vulnerability exists in the Security:Encryption subcomponent due to a flaw in the X509_verify_cert() function in x509_vfy.c that is triggered when locating alternate certificate chains when the first attempt to build such a chain fails. A remote attacker can exploit this, by using a valid leaf certificate as a certificate authority (CA), to issue invalid certificates that will bypass authentication.
- A cross-request authentication bypass vulnerability exists in libcurl due to the use of an existing, authenticated connection when performing a subsequent unauthenticated NTLM HTTP request. An attacker can exploit this to bypass authentication mechanisms.
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in libcurl due to a flaw in the sanitize_cookie_path() function that is triggered when handling a cookie path element that consists of a single double-quote. An attacker can exploit this to cause the application to crash.
- A cross-request authentication bypass vulnerability exists in libcurl due to a flaw that is triggered when a request is 'Negotiate' authenticated, which can cause the program to treat the entire connection as authenticated rather than just that specific request. An attacker can exploit this to bypass authentication mechanisms for subsequent requests. (CVE-2015-3148)
- A man-in-the-middle vulnerability, known as Logjam, exists due to a flaw in the SSL/TLS protocol. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to downgrade connections using ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key exchange to 512-bit export-grade cryptography. (CVE-2015-4000)
- A flaw exists in the multipart_buffer_headers() function in rfc1867.c due to improper handling of multipart/form-data in HTTP requests. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to cause a consumption of CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service condition.
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an authenticated, remote attacker to impact confidentiality and integrity.
- An unspecified information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows an authenticated, remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to information. (CVE-2016-1994)
- An unspecified remote code execution vulnerability exists that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to take complete control of the system. (CVE-2016-1995)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows a local attacker to impact confidentiality and integrity. (CVE-2016-1996)
SolutionUpgrade to HP System Management Homepage (SMH) version 7.5.4 or later.