SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : samba (SUSE-SU-2016:0814-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 90063
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for samba fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2015-7560: Getting and setting Windows ACLs on symlinks can change permissions on link target.
Also the following bugs were fixed :
- Add quotes around path of update-apparmor-samba-profile;
- Prevent access denied if the share path is '/';
- Ensure samlogon fallback requests are rerouted after kerberos failure; (bsc#953382).
- samba: winbind crash -> netlogon_creds_client_authenticator; (bsc#953972).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-477=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-477=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-477=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.